Thursday, April 17, 2014

50 Canvases in 2014: Robot!

This week's wonderstrange canvas challenge was deliciously simple: ROBOTS!  I fell asleep Wednesday night picturing a sexy robot in a boudoir pose on a chaise lounge, but when I woke up Thursday morning, I decided to ditch the chaise in favor of a standing pose and an alluring hat, which is sort of a fun juxtaposition of chastity (it's white, with a veil) and carnality (hey, robots have needs, too!).

Here are the progress pics, starting with a background that I decided right away would be monochromatic:



Wait! That's not monochromatic!

But after a coat of Soft Quinacridone red, it plays that way.







19 comments:

  1. hehehe! She is fantastic! Such a sultry wench, giving me system errors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Fantastic pose! Alluring hat is alluring! Love the deep red and silver, and subtle background detail! She shoots, she scores! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever! Some fantastic creativity you have , Ann, and I do love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is one sexy tin can. I love the background and the robot has soooo much personality.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful robot! Nice background process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose robots have needs too, well yours obviously does with that white hat. Love the netting. Nice work Ann.


    Happy Easter,

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative; love it! Nice to meet you other Ann D. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that is one sexy robot! Love her expression and her attitude....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what fun, when you said robots, she was not what I expected. Delighted to see her though, what a great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Denthe! The background is very is very captivating can a great complementary to the robot's colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we're all captivated by your background:-) The piece as a whole is very wll executed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous fun and whimsical..can't beat it!! Love all the way!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. fun work! congrats on being featured at PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super femine robot you have created. Thanks for showing us how. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  15. holy moly ANN, this is FABULOUS AWESOMENESS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! she is a hottie; have a nice weekend

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super sexy robot, you are clever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh....my....GOODNESS! How freakin' fun is this! Hahahaha, I love her pose! I am trying very hard to suppress jokes about WD40 in my head. Ssssh, quiet you!

    ReplyDelete